PDF Print


Calls that are not in progress, non emergency calls, may be reported to law enforcement, fire, or medical agencies by calling

Non Emergency 509-762-1160

Our non emergency telephone number rings in the dispatch center 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. If in doubt, call 9-1-1. Better to be safe than sorry.

Contact your local utility provider for questions relating to power, cable or telephone outages.

Please remember that by increasing the use of non emergency numbers and restricting the use of 9-1-1 to emergencies only will help to ensure that 9-1-1 is readily available to all citizens during real emergency situations.


  • Non-injury and non-blocking vehicle accidents
  • Nuisance complaints (i.e. noise, parking,etc)
  • Non-dangerous animal control issues
  • Information about or messages to police personnel or other agencies
  • Reporting power, telephone or cable outages
  • Events that not current
  • Do not call 9-1-1 for information. Refer to your telephone book for the business telephone number of your police and fire departments for information.

Call 9-1-1 to Report a Crime or for Emergencies Requiring Immediate Police or Medical Assistance

Call 9-1-1 For

  • In-progress crimes or crimes when the suspect is still in the area
  • Traffic accidents when parties involved are still on-scene
  • Hit-and-run traffic accidents
  • Any crime involving bodily assault
  • Any domestic violence crime
  • Theft or intentional damage to property with at least $10,000 in loss or damages
  • Motor vehicle (licensed for the road) theft
  • Bomb, terrorist or hate-bias threats or acts
  • Burglary (entering a structure with the intent to commit a crime, theft or damage to property)
  • Suspicious persons, vehicles or circumstances when in-progress suspects are still in the area.
  • Fires or possible fires.
  • Emergency medical needs

Do NOT CALL 9-1-1 for

  • Do not call for directions or phone numbers
  • Do not call for information about animal control issues unless the animal has bitten someone, or is currently acting aggressively.
  • Do not call to find out if someone is in jail or to get information on someone in jail.
  • Do not call to report issues that are not of a police, fire, or medical nature. Refer to the government pages of the local telephone directory for the appropriate number.
  • Do not call to report a crime after the fact, (vehicle prowling, vandalism, custodial interference, harassment, etc) which do not require an officer/deputy at the scene.

You may call the non emergency line 509 762 1160 to report non emergent calls.


Page 3 of 5 All Pages

< Prev Next >